Mini Sled RAIN RFID Reader
The skID (Model R1280IE, R1280IU) is a portable RAIN RFID reader of the easy2read© product line with integrated antenna for medium range applications.
The reader hosts an internal rechargeable battery and can operate both in wired mode, using a USB cable, or in wireless mode through the Bluetooth® interface.
Thanks to the Bluetooth® communication interface, the skID is a perfect addon for any Bluetooth® enabled host such as a PC, a smartphone, a PDA or a tablet for RAIN RFID readings. The reader is compatible with Windows 8/10, Windows CE/Mobile, Android and iOS operating systems. The device supports both Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Bluetooth classic communication to provide the maximum usage flexibility, including the HID profile for keyboard emulation.
The skID can be easily fixed to the smartphone using 3 different methods: magnets, 3M Dual Lock, or SP-Connect.
Designed for mobile operators, the skID is ideal for inventory management, mobile workers, service and maintenance applications.
The reader is based on the Impinj R2000 chipset that permits to achieve fast reading speed and to be used in dense reader and dense tag environments for top-class rated performances.
865.600÷867.600 MHz (ETSI EN 302 208 v. 3.1.1) (Mod. R1280IE)
902÷928 MHz (FCC part 15.247) (Mod. R1280IU)
Configurable from 8 dBm ERP to 22 dBm ERP (Mod. R1280IE)
Configurable from 8.5 dBm ERP to 24 dBm EIRP (Mod. R1280IU)
4 channels (compliant to ETSI EN 302 208 v. 3.1.1) (Mod. R1280IE)
50 hopping channels (compliant to FCC part 15.247) (Mod. R1280IU)
EPC Class 1 Gen 2 – ISO18000-63
0.0 dBic (typical)
Integrated Circular Polarized Antenna
Up to 2.0 m (Typical)
USB 2.0 Full Speed (12 Mbit/s) via USB Type-C connector
– Bluetooth 4.1 Smart Ready compliant
– 12dBm EIRP output power BR/EDR
– 8dBm EIRP output power BLE
– HID and Serial over GATT (BLE)
– HID and SPP profiles (Bluetooth classic)
– Power and Trigger buttons
– Power and battery status LED
– Communication and operation result LED
– Bi-tonal buzzer and vibration element for event signalling
Li-ion 3.7V, 1200mAh
– Operating: > 12h (with 40,000 tag readings)
– Standby: > 15 days (powered off, no LED blinking)
– 3h connected to a PC USB port
– 1h 30min with 1A AC/DC power supply
112 x 62 x 16 mm3
4.4 x 2.4 x 63 inches3
-10°C to +55°C